Welcome to Our Practice
Dentist Lansing, MI - Julie Monroy, DDS
. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, its both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be used.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- When we call to confirm your appointment, we will ask some health screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your car and we will call you on your cell phone when the Dr./Hygienist is ready to see you.
- Please wear a face mask when entering and exiting the building.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Before going back to the treatment room, we will ask some health screening questions and take your temperature.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the treatment room, parents/caregivers will be asked to wait outside.
- The office will be kept at a cool temperature due to the amount of personal protection equipment the staff will be wearing. You may want to bring a sweater or light jacket. We will no longer be able to provide blankets.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
- We have incorporated additional safety precautions including the use of air purifiers, additional suction to reduce the creation of aerosols, barriers at the front desk, hand sanitizer located throughout the office as well as increased PPEs.